Welcome to my website. I have over ten years experience working with a wide variety issues and people from all walks of life. I am experienced in working therapeutically with clients aged 11 and upwards. At the Market Place in Leeds I counselled young people aged from thirteen upwards. I have experience working in schools, colleges and universities. I established a bereavement project for Age Concern and have worked with families who have experienced addiction. I have completed additional training in Transactional Analysis and integrating Mindfulness into my current therapeutic practice.
I work part time at Leeds College of Art as a member of the counselling team and I have my own private practice. I am currently training to be a clinical supervisor. Additional training and development is important to me because it is part of my growth as a therapist.
I do this work as I want to help people through difficult times and hopefully move on to the next part of their lives.
I am a Registered Accredited Counsellor for the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy This means that my experience as a counsellor is recognised by the professional body for therapists and therefore I am accredited, which is an additional qualification to recognise this experience. I am a member of the professional body which is called the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and I adhere to their Ethical Framework.
I have been counselling for over ten years, working in different settings such as the University of Bradford Counselling Service and the Market Place in Leeds. I currently work part time at Leeds College of Art as a member of the counselling team
I am Northern Irish and I have been lucky to live in Portugal and New Zealand. I have settled in Yorkshire.
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (2013)
- BTEC Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2008)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2006)
- MA European Business Studies (1995)
- BSc (Hons) Agricultural Economics and Management (1993)
- Diploma in Supervision 2016 (Ongoing)
- Integrating Mindfulness into Counselling Practice
- Mindfulness Practice (2013)
- Transactional Analysis 101 (2009)
- Emotional Freedom Technique Part 1 & 2
- First Aid at Work (2012, 2015)